Re: [css3-images] Image Fragments and SVG URIs

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 19:26:42 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, www-svg@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
On Thu, 2012-07-05 at 15:30 -0700, fantasai wrote:

> I'm going with the theory that Media Fragments supercedes the SVG spec

That's not the answer I got when I commented on the draft.

And no, it does not - my understanding is that a new IETF Mime
registration would be needed for each spec wanting to use the media
fragments notation.

And since SVG defined IDs to be XML IDs, it would need a change to SVG.

It's not really clear to me how to interpret (x, y, w, h) for SVG either
- is it before or after scaling to fit an externally-supplied viewport?
Are the units in inches or pixels or in the default coordinate space, or
the coordinate space introduced by the top-level SVG element's viewport,
or what?  Making that clear would presumably also be a change to SVG.

Liam