clarification on "declarative animation value conservation and use" requirement request

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:15:14 +1100
To: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
CC: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Olaf.

Yesterday at the SVG WG meeting we discussed your request for SVG2 that
you describe in:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Nov/0015.html

We resolved not to require support for this functionality, since we were
unable to determine what use cases it would support.  If you could reply
with some examples of where you would want to use this declarative
storing and re-fetching of animated values, we will discuss the topic again.

Thanks,

Cameron
(ACTION-3199)