Re: Using test images in a scientific publication?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:19:25 +0100, Jasper van de Gronde
<th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> On 28-02-12 15:16, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> On Monday, February 27, 2012, 3:40:57 PM, Jasper wrote:
>> JvdG> My understanding so far is that the following would apply:
>> JvdG>
>> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright.html
>> JvdG> But I am not 100% sure of how to interpret that in this
>> particular case.
>>
>> The SVG 1.1 Test Suie was licensed under the original, W3C Test Suite
>> License. This forbids modification.
>>
>> If that is good enough for your publisher, then go ahead. If they need
>> an explicit authorization them please mail team-legal at w3.org with a
>> cc to myself.
>
> Thanks for the info. I might just make a new image, as it might not be
> worth the hassle to try and convince them.

We have a resolution to move to the BSD test suite license already[1], and
I have an action that is awaiting feedback on what's necessary to put into
the testsuite files, see
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/08-svg-minutes.html#item04.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/12-svg-minutes.html#item06
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group