Re: SVG2 - suggestion for a new path command to close a subpath smoothly

Hi Dr Olaf,

I have a couple of concerns with your proposal.

1. If we go this route, UA's will have to remember the first and last
control point in case this operator is used. This will introduce some
overhead.
2. We are trying to harmonize our path operators with Canvas. If we add
this to SVG, we need to have it in Canvas as well.
3.Beziers have the peculiar property that they can draw even if the start
and end point are the same. So, if the last point coincides with the start
point and you use this new operator, you will see a small oval. This is
most likely not desired.