Re: How to parse SVG Fragment Identifiers

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:48:25 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Robert Longson:
>Lets say you want to set preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin slice"

This seems to be similar to the problem with the semicolon if you need
to put the views into an animation values list.

Did you try for example "xMinYMin%20slice"?
This seems to fit to the recommendation to use
url-escaped '%3B' instead of ';' - of course the questions
remains, why to require the use of ',' and the problematic ';' at all,
if '%20' could do the job?
Unfortunately I did not see the space here when we
discussed/fixed the problem with the semicolon in the past ;o)

>Observation 1. If you have an SVG document that already has a viewBox
>on the outer svg element, you don't seem to be able to use an SVG
>fragment identifier to remove it altogether.

Sound like a bug - if you set a new viewBox, it should not matter what
is in the file, this is the purpose of the feature...

Olaf