Re: GetSVGDocument interface

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:55:42 +1000
To: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Cameron McCormack:
> Do we need to keep this interface, which has the getSVGDocument() method
> on it, and which was intended to be implemented on interface like
> HTMLObjectElement?  It's entirely redundant with contentDocument. Unless
> people think content is using it, we should drop it.

Did some testing:

   http://people.mozilla.org/~cmccormack/tests/svg-content-document.html

and consistently across Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera, both
contentDocument and getSVGDocument work on <object> and <iframe>, and
for <embed> only getSVGDocument exists.  In line with what Erik said.

My impression previously was that getSVGDocument wasn't implemented as
widely as it seems it is.