[css-compositing] group isolation and filters (corrected)

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:57:56 -0700
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

We had an offline discussion on the question if filters should cause their
content to be isolated.
The current Filters spec does not require this [1]

Since this concept is hard to grasp I attached an example how this changes

The example at the top is a group that contains a blue and a green
rectangle that is on top of a red rectangle.
In the second line, the green rectangle has a blend mode attached to it.
In the bottom line, there are 2 possible rendering for when the group has a
filter effect applied to it.

My question is: what would you expect the result to be? A or B

(image/jpeg attachment: sample.jpg)