Re: Clarification on getBBox() with shapes of zero width

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:03:48 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: dschulze@adobe.com, jackalmage@gmail.com, pdr@google.com
>> We had bug reports for that on WebKit before and discussed it with people from Mozilla and they had the same understanding.

Indeed. Making getBBox work in the case of a zero width rectangle
would require adding lots more code complexity as the cairo graphics
library we use would not include such shapes when queried for the
bounding box. I think it would be much better to keep things simple
and ignore such shapes. If you want the shape included then give it a
small non-zero width/height hidden visibility.

Best regards

Robert