Re: replacing SVGException with new style Web IDL exceptions

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:40:26 +1000
To: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
CC: www-svg@w3.org
Brian Birtles:
> I like the proposal since it makes SVG less special. Is there any way to
> confirm these types/properties/values are not widely used? I did a bit
> of searching and haven't found any uses in the wild (except some test
> code I wrote) but I wonder if anyone else has a better way of gauging
> its use?

I am kind of at a loss about how to check this kind of thing, especially
with Google Code Search now gone.  If I had time, I would look into
setting up an EC2 thing with a Map Reduce program to run over the
commoncrawl.org dataset.  There is also dotnetdotcom.org but I don't
know whether they have SVG content or how representative it is.