W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > September 2011

Minutes, September 29 2011 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:06:48 +0200
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.v2k8xmsvgeuyw5@mbp-2.local>
Minutes:


     http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html


and the same as plaintext:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

29 Sep 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JulSep/0150.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           +33.1.75.06.aaaa, ed, cyril, tbah, Doug_Schepers, ChrisL

    Regrets
    Chair
           ed

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]SVG Open
          2. [6]TPAC 2011
          3. [7]SVG2 repository setup
          4. [8]SVG2 Planning
          5. [9]Publishing SVG Integration
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 29 September 2011

    <scribe> scribeNick: ed

SVG Open

    ED: just checking when to cancel the svg telcons
    ... since I assume ppl will attend TPAC and SVG Open

    <ChrisL> thu 20, 27, 3

    CC: will be travelling on the 10 nov

    ED: ok, will cancel the telcons thu 20, 27 sept, and 3 nov
    ... everyone here going to be at SVG Open?

    CL: not me, just TPAC

    DS: we should have a brief presentation on SVG2 for the WG panel
    ... either from staff contact or chairs

    CL: sounds like a good idea

    DS: mentioning the feedback from the mailinglist etc
    ... someone has to do the work
    ... heycam should do it
    ... CC are you interested in presenting the plan for SVG2?

    ED: the WG panel is on the first day

    DS: i'll put some slides together

    <scribe> ACTION: DS to prepare some slides on SVG2 for SVG Open 2011
    [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - DS

    <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or
    username (eg. schepers, dschulze2)

    <scribe> ACTION: schepers to prepare some slides on SVG2 for SVG
    Open 2011 [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3132 - Prepare some slides on SVG2 for SVG
    Open 2011 [on Doug Schepers - due 2011-10-06].

    ED: we said previously that we'd have a WG meeting at the last day
    at SVG OPen (the workshop day)

    CC: some of us may want to attend the workshops

    ED: i'm assuming advanced gradients would be one of the topics

    CL: saw some updates to the proposal, and implementation in inkscape

    <scribe> ACTION: ED to create wikipage for SVG Open 2011 F2F meeting
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3133 - Create wikipage for SVG Open 2011
    F2F meeting [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-10-06].

TPAC 2011

    [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/TPAC_2011

      [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/TPAC_2011

    ED: propose topics on the wiki, and the chairs will assemble a full
    agenda based on that
    ... MS is hosting the first two days of the meeting

    CL: is it close to the TPAC meeting location?

    CC: i'll have a car, also have booked two different hotels
    ... 14 minutes by car between the two places

    <cyril>
    [15]http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1065+La+Avenida+Street,+Mounta
    in+View,+CA+94043-1421+(Microsoft+Corporation)&daddr=Santa+Clara+Mar
    riott,+Mission+College+Boulevard,+Santa+Clara,+California,+United+St
    ates&hl=en&sll=37.38298,-122.016907&sspn=0.135037,0.235519&geocode=F
    T7bOgIdY1a5-CGMVRuC-aKwQw%3BFWqJOgIddtC6-CFFS3jJtG9nGQ&vpsrc=0&mra=l
    s&t=m&z=13

      [15] http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1065+La+Avenida+Street

    ED: checked with the CSS WG chairs on when to meet the FXTF, 3 nov
    was suggested

    CC: any other groups meeting with SVG the other days?

    ED: haven't yet heard, but if there are topics that involve svg the
    schedule is still open

    CC: the other days, what are people doing?

    CL: other WG meetings

    DS: informal meetings at tpac are really valuable, and it's good to
    take part in other WG's meetings too
    ... CC, you might be interested in attending HTML, CSS and WebApps

    <cyril> [16]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/registrants

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/registrants

SVG2 repository setup

    [17]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Svgwg.org

      [17] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Svgwg.org

    ED: so, following the instructions on that page carefully you should
    be able to get a checkout of the svg2 repository
    ... it's setup to automatically push to the w3c repository, but has
    some hooks to automatically build the publish version of the spec
    and so on
    ... jwatt should send an email explaining this in more detail later,
    but it's already possible to start working on the spec I think
    ... summary: don't use the dvcs.w3.org repos directly, always go via
    the svgwg.org repos
    ... spec is just 1.1 Second Edition with pink background color to
    indicate that it's not yet been changed, when changing things we
    should mark the sections with another color to indicate it's ready
    for review

    CC: what happens if multiple ppl push at the same time?

    ED: i'd assume it's queued (or rejected)

    CL: building, does that require tools clientside?

    ED: it's running buildscripts on the svgwg.org server, nothing
    required by clients apart from the mercurial client

SVG2 Planning

    ED: updates?
    ... people still welcome to add comments to the requirements page
    ... i've not had time to start on the UC&R page yet, but will try to
    soon

    CC: maybe we could use one of the meeting days at SVG Open or TPAC
    to discuss this

    ED: sure

Publishing SVG Integration

    ED: status?

    <cyril> can we get a link to that spec ?

    DS: no change, we have resolved to publish as FPWD
    ... there has been comments on that
    ... either process comments first, or publish it as-is and say that
    we have comments

    <cyril> Is it
    [18]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html ?

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html

    CL: think the second option would be better

    DS: I could list the comments, and indicate things we want to add,
    or just publish it as is
    ... just to get it out for wider review
    ... not too much work

    CL: would like to see it out before TPAC

    DS: makes sense
    ... we'll get comments again on the number of modes we have in the
    spec
    ... maybe clarify what the modes are meant to be used for
    ... points of reference for other specifications
    ... it was discussed at the auckland f2f
    ... i'll include links to known comments

    RESOLUTION: publish the SVG Integration spec as FPWD with a list of
    known comments

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: DS to prepare some slides on SVG2 for SVG Open 2011
    [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: ED to create wikipage for SVG Open 2011 F2F meeting
    [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: schepers to prepare some slides on SVG2 for SVG Open
    2011 [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.136
     ([23]CVS log)
     $Date: 2011/09/29 21:03:15 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [24]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/TPAC/SVG Open or TPAC/
Found ScribeNick: ed
Inferring Scribes: ed
Default Present: +33.1.75.06.aaaa, ed, cyril, tbah, Doug_Schepers, Chri
sL
Present: +33.1.75.06.aaaa ed cyril tbah Doug_Schepers ChrisL
Agenda: [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JulSe
p/0150.html
Found Date: 29 Sep 2011
Guessing minutes URL: [26]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ds ed schepers

      [25]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JulSep/0150.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-svg-minutes.html

    End of [27]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Thursday, 29 September 2011 21:07:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:49 GMT