RE: [whatwg] Web Forms 2 Repetition Model-please reinstate on specification

From: David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:39:07 -0400
To: "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, <whatwg@aaabit.com>
Cc: <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "'www-svg'" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi folks,

I've written lots of forms like the ones in the example provided (with
expanding controls for what could be considered repeating values as in
database apps). I see it as another possible use case for <replicate> .

See http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGOpen2010/replicate.htm
(look also at the paper as well as the examples)

So now we have three proposed domains for applicability of <replicate>: web
forms. svg, and inkml.

On the other hand, I was one of those who thought <animate> might apply to
domains outside SVG.

Cheers
David