a minor confusion concerning mouse events

From: David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:19:48 -0400
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I suspect someone will easily convince me that the confusion is my own
rather than the spec's but compare the two examples:

http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/animstart1old.svg

and

http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/animstart1.svg

In the first, the oval changes colors, onmouseover and onmouseout (listeners
being associated with the group it belongs to). However, the text object
within the group seems to hijack that event, making it change colors again
when the mouse approaches the text.

I'm able to "fix" this in the second example by putting a
pointer-events="none" on the text, but the idea that I would have to tell
the text to be quiet so it doesn't disturb the group events seems a bit
counter-intuitive.  Opera, FF, and webkit all seem to agree with each other,
but ASV seems to agree with me.

cheers

David