Re: Ignoring trailing semi-colon delimiters

Dear Olaf,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

(2011/11/28 18:47), Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
 > This was already discussed related to SVG tiny and bugs of some
 > viewers/editors and there was an agreement just to fix the bugs

Can you point to where such an agreement was made? Or can other vendors
respond with a pledge to bring their implementations into line?

If we can't get other vendors to update their implementations then I'd
rather make Firefox adopt the more lenient behaviour and provide
developers with a consistent Web platform than leave things as they are.

> Because there are animatable
> empty values with a meaning, empty values have a meaning
> as well for animation. Ignoring them for display would result
> in nonsense.

I agree empty values have meaning and I'm not proposing ignoring them.
The proposed approach simply means that authors need to be more explicit
if they really want the final value to be an empty value.

Thanks,

Brian