Re: API for Retrieving Stroke Outline?

The text-to-path API that Mike referenced is reasonably compatible with
Canvas.
There may be some issues with arc.

I think we can side-step those issues by simply supporting SVG path
strings in canvas
through a new method  "path" which accepts a DOMString representing an
SVG path.

I've spoken about the method to SVG vendors as well as canvas peoples.
Everybody loves it.
It also solves the arc issue.

Things can be very easy and very quickly implemented in this area.

-Charles