[css-compositing] Normal blend mode (was: some proposals)

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:41:42 -0700
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, public-fx@w3.org

> >d. Add a new blend mode: 'normal'
>
> Adding 'normal' makes sense.
>
> >- this is the default blend mode on all groups and leafs.
>
> Yes.
>
> >- similar to PD's src-over except it doesn't create a new stacking context
> >- 'enable-background' and 'knock-out' apply
>
> No need for enable-background again...

Enable-background determines how children with blend modes will composite
against your background.
So, if you have a blend of 'normal' and your children have blending other
than 'normal',  'enable-background: new' will make a difference.

Now that we're splitting up the spec, this proposal becomes moot we no
longer need to make special cases for PD and non-PD.

Rik