Re: HTML5 how to indicate missing content: inline SVG & .svgz?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:12:53 +1200
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: Tony Schreiner <tonyschr@microsoft.com>, Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Dr.Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Charles Pritchard:
> My understanding is that there ought to be some automatic detection
> for gzip encoding in svg--- I know that data-URL encoded svgz takes on
> the same content type as svg.

It was a mistake that the SVG 1.1 test suite included a test that had
gzipped content in a data: URI.  That test has since been removed.  As
far as I can tell, you would need to be able to indicate the content
encoding in the data: URI, but there is no provision for doing so.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/