Re: [SVGIntegration] Too many referencing modes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 01:55:49 -0400
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On 5/13/11 1:41 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
> It doesn't ring a bell, but I might be forgetting it. External
> same-domain references should be okay, though, right?

No, sadly.  That came up in the bug, by the way.  The problem is the
prevalence of open redirectors....

> Fair enough. The rationale was that people were concerned about the
> possible performance issues, especially for tiled declarative
> animations.

That really doesn't seem worse than tiled animated gifs.  I guess UAs
should be free to disable animations whenever they feel like there are
resource constraints that force them to, indepedent of image format.

-Boris