RE: agenda+ SVG 2 Features and Approach

From: Paul Williams <pwilliams@infotrustgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 08:29:25 -0700
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
>>> Are people really trying to use SVG and then giving up because it doesn't have non-scaling stroke, or fancier gradients?

Yes, for non-scaling stroke, at any rate.  I already have proof of concept without it, but I can’t push the concept to my team until this feature is added for parity with CGM (which, while also being a W3C standard is not uniformly implemented at all!).  I badly want to move away from a plug-in requirement in our tech pubs management and viewing systems – it has a ton of value for our customers.