SVG on Android (was: agenda+ SVG 2 Features and Approach)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 03:26:27 -0400
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
CC: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, 'www-svg' <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi, Alex-

Alex Danilo wrote (on 5/9/11 2:45 AM):

> 	Just FYI.

My impression was that Honeycomb was exclusively for tablets (though, in
that sense, I misspoke... I meant to say Android on mobile phones, I
didn't mean tablets).  I hope you are right that the tablet and mobile
branches will merge soon.  I am sure that ultimately SVG will work on
these mobiles, but while it doesn't, it actively discourages mobile
developers from using SVG for interoperable content (which is kinda
ironic, given how long we put into SVG Tiny 1.2, which targeted mobiles).

(FWIW, I have ordered an inexpensive Android tablet, which will
hopefully soon be able to run Honeycomb, and I'm eager to test it for
myself.)

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs