Re: Reusing a subset of SVG in another standard

Peter Junge wrote:

> 2) The second alternative would mean going one step further by also
> defining an internal SVG compatible namespace for UOML. OpenDocument
> Format e.g. is also using a subset of SVG by defining it's own svg
> namespace

I would have thought that the way that would best match the original XML
concept would be to define a profile of SVG, then use the actual SVG
namespace.

That allows an SVG aware tool to extract and render it without having to
know anything about UOML.

--
David Woolley