Re: Perspective Projections

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:48:38 +1200
To: "Gaurav Jain." <gajain@adobe.com>
Cc: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Gaurav.

Gaurav Jain:
> Is there any discussion around having 'Perspective Projections'
> applied on SVG elements?
>
> I am thinking about the use cases when a JS can make changes in the
> projection parameters, effectively changing the view completely.
> Imagine seeing the same scene from two different camera positions.

Yes, there are two specifications defining perspective projections:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-SVG-Transforms-20090320/
  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-3d-transforms/

Work is proceeding on unifying 2D transforms between SVG and CSS in the
FX Taskforce, but not yet on 3D transforms.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/