Re: Fwd: problem creating ENTITY TAG in DOCTYPE using batik

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:19:54 +1300
To: Goldi <goldi.ahuja@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Goldi:
> I am trying to create svg files using batik API.

Questions on using Batik are better directed to
batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org.

…
> How do i append ENTITY in the DOCTYPE internalsubset?

The SVG Generator API doesn’t have any facility for adding entity
declarations to the internal subset.  I’m not even sure if the Batik DOM
API will let you edit the internal subset of a Document.

Using entities for common styling definitions isn’t a great idea,
anyway: I would suggest using CSS and classes for this instead, if that
is what you want to use entities for.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/