Re: text-intro in SVG 1.1 2nd Edition

From: Nikolas Zimmermann <zimmermann@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:19:15 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>

Am 14.03.2011 um 13:07 schrieb Erik Dahlstrom:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:19:49 +0100, Nikolas Zimmermann <zimmermann@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>> Hey SVG crowd,
>>
>> I've spent the last days assuring WebKits bidi implementation works as expected for SVG text according to the i18n tests originally designed for SVG Tiny 1.2:
>> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-unicode-bidi-0 & http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-alignment-0
>
> If you look at Opera 11.10 [2] you'll see that we changed to pass more of those tests, some of the more complex ones may still be incorrect. I think Firefox 4 also changed some of the bidi handling for svg, which should mean it passes more of these tests as well.

I've switched over our default behavior to the requirements of the newest 1.1F2 draft you mentioned and compared against the latest Opera snapshot available for Mac, and fortunately Opera now has the same issues as WebKit :-)

http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/text-intro-02-b.html
The third row flows to the left now, as required by 1.1F2. To make the test pass both with my local WebKit version and Opera, we have to add:

    <g font-size="18" font-family="'Arial Unicode MS', 'LucidaSansUnicode','MS-Gothic'" text-anchor="end">
      <text x="10" y="280" unicode-bidi="normal" direction="rtl">Text "אני יכול לאכול זכוכית וזה לא מזיק לי" is in Hebrew</text>
    </g>

http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/text-intro-09-b.html has exactly the same issue.
Can we get those tests fixed?

Cheers,