Re: Circular paths

 For rivers, cartographers usually don't use circular arcs, but rather
 quadratic or cubic splines. However, for other features, like
 roundabouts, roads, road junctions, certain buildings, etc. circular
 arcs are important. In the Swiss cadastral data you will find a lot of
 circular arcs.

 Besides, they are useful for pie charts and other features, e.g. map
 symbols, or technical parts.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:39:45 +0000, David Woolley wrote:
> Alex Danilo wrote:
>
>>  The entire point of having arcs in the path syntax is to have
>> accurate curves for things like rivers in maps, etc, etc. We do not
>
> I've never heard of any theory of physical geography that predicts
> that rivers will follow true circular arcs.  Surely an arc is just as
> much an approximation of the path of a river as is a Bezier.

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
 Switzerland