Re: Circular paths

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 16:38:01 +1300
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, www-svg@w3.org
Alex Danilo:
> 2) The talk about normalization relates to how many Beziers to
>    use to approximate the arc. This is simply wrong.
>
> 	The entire point of having arcs in the path syntax is to have
> accurate curves for things like rivers in maps, etc, etc. We do not
> use Beziers in our implementation. Just sin() and cos() as should be
> used for an arc. A Bezier approximation will always result in error.

I think the question is in terms of the normalized path segment lists on
SVGAnimatedPathData:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html#__svg__SVGAnimatedPathData__normalizedPathSegList

Although reading the text there now I see that it requires normalizing
arcs into straight line segments!

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/