RE: which version is correct?

From: Frost, Jon A. <frostjo@missouri.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:48:48 -0500
To: Jasper van de Gronde <th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Good insights, Jasper.
The "patch file" testing approach which defines specific tests of core rendering output sounds like the most realistic option.

And maybe we should start by making sure that the SVG 2.0 spec defines some of the key tolerances, otherwise we will likely go another 10 years with key visual incompatibilities among the various rendering engines.  Namely:
-- pixel centering
-- interpretation of rendering hints
-- ...

You might have the most advance tests in this area at this point, so it could serve as a start if others share an interest in this.

By the way, anyone know, when might this file be available:
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/archives/W3C_SVG_11_TestSuite.tar.gz

The link here is broken:
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/

   best,