RE: animation of patternTranform

From: David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:15:09 -0400
To: "'Nikolas Zimmermann'" <zimmermann@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc: "'www-svg'" <www-svg@w3.org>
Of course!

Fixed,  (new version at http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/taxi4.svg   )

thanks.

David

From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Nikolas Zimmermann
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:03 AM
To: David Dailey
Cc: 'www-svg'
Subject: Re: animation of patternTranform

Am 11.06.2011 um 14:51 schrieb David Dailey:

The example at http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/taxi3.svg only works the
way I would expect it to in Opera, but might the spec seem a bit unclear?

I've animated a patternTransform (which the spec says is animatable, [1]) .
I have, however, used an animateTransform to do the work and neither FF,
Safari, Chrome nor ASV seems to attempt the instruction.

No Idea, why it works in Opera at all.

        <animateTransform attributeName="transform"

Replace attributeName="transform" with attributeName="patternTransform" and
it works everywhere (except in WebKit, we have a bug regarding animating
patternTrafo).

Cheers,

Niko