From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Nick Hofstede
Sent: vrijdag 8 juli 2011 12:31
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: RE: icc profiles and compositing

All,

The lack of response leads me to believe I haven't made myself very clear. I'll try a different approach this time.

Suppose I have a color defined in a cmyk color space with a perceptual rendering-intent specified.
Suppose my target device is a cmyk device with a different cmyk color profile.

If I draw a fully opaque rectangle filled with this color, how do I calculate the values of the resulting color-channels?

Do I transform the input color to the device color space using the perceptual rendering intent?
Or do I transform the input color to the sRGB color space (because I'm compositing the rectangle with the background) using the perceptual rendering intent and then go from sRGB to the device color space using an undefined intent?

With kind regards,

Nick Hofstede
R&D Manager