Re: stroke=gradient for lines or horizontal paths

From: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:24:06 +1000
To: "Robert Longson" <longsonr@gmail.com>
Cc: "Erik Dahlstrom" <ed@opera.com>, www-svg@w3.org
Hi Robert,

	Of course to be fair to you and my previous email, the sentence
in the spec:

"When the geometry of the applicable element has no width or height
and objectBoundingBox is specified, then the given effect (e.g., a
gradient or a filter) will be ignored."

	does mean that the gradient should turn off in the horiztonal/
vertical line case which IMHO is completely broken.

	Time to experiment with animation, I expect.

Cheers,
Alex