Re: stroke=gradient for lines or horizontal paths

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:48:41 +0200
To: "Robert Longson" <longsonr@gmail.com>, "Alex Danilo" <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:43:31 +0200, Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,

http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/#the-getclientrects (or
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#the-getclientrects-and-getboundingclientrect-methods
if you wanted an editor's draft).

Now, it doesn't say that it should return anything else than the
boundingbox defined by the SVG specification, and that definition doesn't
include the stroke.

There is no DOM method available to get a bbox including the stroke/filter
effects/markers or any combination thereof in SVG 1.1. That doesn't
exclude the possibility of adding that functionality to SVG2 of course,
which I assume is what Alex was getting at.

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group