From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frost, Jon A.
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:12 PM
To: Francis Hemsher; Andreas Neumann
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Status of SVG params

Yes, there are already a lot of cheap/free symbols libraries which use SVG as an output format - params would make them all much more useful.

Wanted to mention though that SVG is ideal for interactive animated 2D and 2.5D visualizations as well.  There have been some really nice examples of this created lately using the D3-js library.  I am hoping to find time to work on mixing D3-js with svg-replicate.

Interactive tree map - http://bl.ocks.org/1061834
Voronoi diagram - http://mbostock.github.com/d3/ex/voronoi.html (could be mixed w/ n-D penrose tilings)
Force-directed graph - http://mbostock.github.com/d3/ex/force.html
Real-time bar charts - http://mbostock.github.com/d3/tutorial/bar-2.html