A redundant namespace name in an SVG text.

From: <peasthope@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:39:27 -0800
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: peasthope@shaw.ca
Folk,

I am interested in having the same text in an XHTML 1.1 plus
MathML 2.0 plus SVG 1.1 document and in a SVG/1.1 document.

The former might have the element <svg:tspan ... whereas the latter
would typically have <tspan ... .  If I simply put <svg:tspan ... in the
SVG document the validator complains about the namespace name.
Is there some valid syntax which allows redundant namespace names?

Thanks,                      ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.