Is there a common practice for writing rel="canonical" in SVG?

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:13:05 +0900
To: ML www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi SVG folks,

rel="canonical"[1] in HTML's <link> element identifies the canonical
page (or the preferred URL) of the current content. I am wondering
what's the most commonly used equivalent of HTML's rel="canonocial" in SVG.

The SVG1.2 tiny spec about <metadata> mentions Dublin Core, and

seems like a way to do so, but I doubt this is commonly used. Any

The feature could be as useful as rel="canonical" in HTML for indexing,
I guess.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't dig much into the history...

[1] http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=139394