Re: marker fill?

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:14:40 +0100, jonathan chetwynd
<j.chetwynd@btconnect.com> wrote:

> was it stated whether marker inherits style such as fill from parent
> such as path**?

Yes, this is what SVG 1.1 Second Edition says:

[[ Properties inherit into the ‘marker’ element from its ancestors;
properties do not inherit from the element referencing the ‘marker’
element. ]]

> in my tests, mozilla requires fill style to be given in the marker,
> whereas opera and webkit ignore both path and marker fill style.

They all behave the same way for me (style information from the element
using the marker is NOT inherited into the marker, as per the spec).

The SVG WG has agreed to improve markers in SVG2, see
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2_Requirements_Input#Marker_cleanup.

Cheers
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group