Re: You ought to do better !

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:37:46 +0400
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:17 AM, klaus wrote:
> Your SVG introduction page (http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/) is meant for
> whom??
> I googled svg to learn something of it and thought your page would be the
> most informative, but it is nothing sort of it.
> svG (graphics) explanation and related pages (links to) are nothing more
> than TEXT with NO illustrative examples. How come? Person not knowing the
> hidden meaning of words you have used do not get any idea what can be done
> (shown) on web pages.
>
> So, Please, include examples (simple, medium, extreme) or links to those
> graphics, so that an idea of what can be done is conveyed to the layman.

Hi Klaus,

Perhaps it would be more constructive to point out few most horrible
cases for someone to get started with fixing the mess? The thing is,
people who write specs live boring dull lives, with grey sky out if
the window 365 days a year. If you choose to criticize, do it with
panache :) Place a finger at the exact location of issue and use the
most provocative tone you have. It helps :) Well, kinda :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org