Re: Proposal: Change end attribute behaviour

From: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:24:59 +0900
To: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Hi Olaf,

Thanks again for taking the time to follow this up.

2011/3/25 Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>:
> Well, I had this problem several times, with the preliminary result,
> that I added always 'indefinite' to the end list, if I do not need
> an ultimative end. Than I discovered, that this is for some contructions
> not necessary, because sometimes the end is removed again

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one getting tripped up on this.

For the time being I'm going to leave this issue be. It is a change in
behaviour and more significant than the other proposals I have
recently put forward. As you mentioned, it is complex and so this may
be have to be something to be addressed in a future specification, not
SVG 1.1 2nd ed.

Thanks again,

Brian