Re: Agenda+: Use Cases for Orientation

From: Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:53:56 +0200 (CEST)
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: "www-svg" <www-svg@w3.org>
Yes - this would be interested to have.

Maps are obvious use cases, but also panoramas. People could stand at a
viewpoint and point their device towards a direction and see the
silhouette of the mountains/peaks, overlayed with text/SVG or other
elements.

Combining this with a camera this would probably enable wikitude-like
augmented reality apps, using web technologies.

Also building information (combined with indoor navigation) systems could
be realized.

Games may also benefit from this API.

Just a few thoughts,
Andreas