W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > September 2010

Minutes September 21, 2010 SVG WG telcon

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:02:29 +1000
Message-ID: <4C991D65.4060403@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: www-svg@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html

---

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

21 Sep 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Shepazu, [Microsoft], ed, anthony

    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           shepazu, anthony

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Sandy Roberts from Microsoft
          2. [5]ACTION-2871
          3. [6]Integration Table Generation
          4. [7]Telcon
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 21 September 2010

    <ed> the agenda was more or less to work on actions,
    [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0130
    .html

       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0130.html

    <shepazu> scribe: shepazu

Sandy Roberts from Microsoft

    SR: I work for MS, and I'm involved in testing

    shepazu: Kris Krueger (also Microsoft) and Philippe Le Hégaret are
    heading up the HTML Testing Task Force
    ... and it would be good for us to work with them to put the SVG
    tests in the same repository, with the same template

    ed: I don't think that's a good idea for the SVG 1.1 timeframe, but
    it would be good going forward

    anthony: since we decided to have links between the tests and the
    spec, where should the links point?

    shepazu: I would expect that they would point to the shared
    repository

    ed: Opera looked at the test.w3.org frameworks, and it's not that
    hard to port the tests
    ... most of the JS tests would be easy to port to the automated
    framework
    ... we could do that on our on repository for now, in preparation
    ... I could check those templates in, if we want

    shepazu: I encourage that

    anthony: what about standalone SVG vendors that only want the SVG
    tests?

    shepazu: I don't know the details, but I think it should be easy to
    extract them
    ... maybe an SVG branch in the main repository

    ed: yes, we need to discuss this

    <scribe> ACTION: shepazu to invite Kris and PLH to talk about
    testing next Tuesday [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2874 - Invite Kris and PLH to talk about
    testing next Tuesday [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-09-28].

    anthony: what's the rationale behind combining them?

    shepazu: uniformity of format, easy to catch gaps in compound
    document coverage

    <anthony> scribe: anthony

ACTION-2871

    <ed> ACTION-2871?

    <trackbot> ACTION-2871 -- Anthony Grasso to investigate how to get
    dominant baseline -- due 2010-09-21 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2871

      [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2871

    AG: I was given an action investigate how to dominant baseline
    information

    <scribe> ... finished my investigation

    [12]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2871

      [12] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2871

    scribe: results are in the link
    ... so if you can't get the baseline information from the font
    ... then SVG user agents should have a built in table

    ED: What's that table based on?
    ... is it in the spec?

    AG: That table is not in the spec
    ... The idea is to look at the Unicode range and map that to a
    script type
    ... then use the script type to determine what the dominant baseline
    should be

    ED: Does xml:lang effect that?

    AG: Not sure

    ED: HTML lang overrides I think

    AG: Could end up with funny results

    <scribe> ACTION: Eric to Ask if HTML has advanced dominant baseline
    positioning similar to SVG [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Eric

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to Ask if HTML has advanced dominant baseline
    positioning similar to SVG [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2875 - Ask if HTML has advanced dominant
    baseline positioning similar to SVG [on Erik Dahlström - due
    2010-09-28].

    AG: I've closed the action item
    ... because I felt it was completed

    ED: Could you copy and paste the information to the wiki
    ... it's not very well defined in SVG 1.1
    ... and would be useful for SVG 2

    <scribe> ACTION: Anthony to Put up investigation findings from
    ACTION-2871 on the wiki page [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2876 - Put up investigation findings from
    ACTION-2871 on the wiki page [on Anthony Grasso - due 2010-09-28].

Integration Table Generation

    AG: Just about finished the property table merge script
    ... just need to get it to write out the HTML for the table now

Telcon

    DS: Thursday time is not suitable for Anthony

    AG: I prefer to get up early than stay up late
    ... is it possible to have the Thursday telcon around the sametime
    as the Tuesday one?

    ED: I'm ok with it

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Anthony to Put up investigation findings from
    ACTION-2871 on the wiki page [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Eric to Ask if HTML has advanced dominant baseline
    positioning similar to SVG [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to Ask if HTML has advanced dominant baseline
    positioning similar to SVG [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: shepazu to invite Kris and PLH to talk about testing
    next Tuesday [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([21]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/09/21 20:53:26 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wind/end/
Succeeded: s/HTML/HTML lang/
Succeeded: s/complted/completed/
Succeeded: s/from the wiki/to the wiki/
Succeeded: s/well defined/well defined in SVG 1.1/
Found Scribe: shepazu
Inferring ScribeNick: shepazu
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Scribes: shepazu, anthony
ScribeNicks: shepazu, anthony
Default Present: Shepazu, [Microsoft], ed, anthony
Present: Shepazu [Microsoft] ed anthony

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 21 Sep 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: anthony eric erik shepazu

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-svg-minutes.html

    End of [24]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 21 September 2010 21:03:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:46 GMT