Re: [SVG1.1F2 LC] mainly previous open issues...

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:26:20 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Chris Lilley:
> Hello www-svg,
>
> On Sunday, 27 June 2010 10:50:01 GMT Dr. Olaf wrote:
> > 2:
> > view and animation values lists - where can I find the
> > promised note?
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010May/0022.html
>
> After some discussion at the recent Paris f2f meeting, the SVG WG decided
> that url-escaping the semicolon was the best method (the XML numeric
> character reference method was unsuitable, as it is undone by the parser)
> and a note has been added to that effect, as follows:

> Semicolons used to separate 'SVGViewAttribute' in SVG fragments may be
> url-escaped (as %3B); this is useful when animating a (semi-colon
> separated)
> list of IRIs because otherwise the semicolon would be interpreted as a list
> separator. </p>

This results for example in
values="A.svg#svgView(viewBox(0,0,1,1)%3BpreserveAspectRatio(none));
A.svg#svgView(viewBox(-1,-1,2,1)%3BpreserveAspectRatio(xMidYMid))"
right?

Such an example might help some authors - I think, several never
did this manually. For example PHP has a function to do this
automatically.

But looks fine, of course.
Is this already interpreted by some viewers or something new, that still
has to be done? Any information about this?
Just to be sure: Viewers still have to decode it behind the # in an URI/IRI?

> This note may be found in place in the editors draft at
> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/linking.html#SVGFragmentIdentif
>iers
>
> Please let us know if this satisfies your comment.

Yes, sure, this approach to solve the problem looks fine.

> ACTION-2817
> ISSUE-2340

Olaf