pointer-events test case

From: Jeremie Patonnier <jeremie.patonnier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:41:26 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

Here is a test case for some interactions with the pointer-events property

This test case show how implementation handled the pointer-events property
when an element is nested in another element with a different pointer-events
property value.

At that point, my test show that Opera has a problem when an element with an
invalid pointer-events' value is wrap by an element with the pointer-events'
value 'none'. According to the CSS 2 specification, Opera should ignore the
invalid value <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#illegalvalues> and
therefore use the default value for pointer-events which is
"visiblePainted"<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/interact.html#PointerEventsProperty>.
It seams that Opera act like the pointer-events' value were "inherit" and
does not fire pointer events on the child element.

Firefox and Chrome handle it that way.

Could someone explain to me how is it possible to turn that test case into a
formal test case for the SVG spec?

Thanks
Jeremie Patonnier

pointer-events.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: pointer-events.svg)