Re: Accessing the animated position of an SVG element

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:46:06 +1300
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>, www-svg@w3.org
Alex Danilo:
> getCTM() says "Returns the transformation matrix from current
> user units (i.e., after application of the ‘transform’ attribute,
> if any) to the viewport coordinate system for the
> nearestViewportElement."

Hmm, if getCTM() should take into account motion animations I think it
should say so explicitly.

> So if there's an animateMotion happening, the transform from
> user to device space is changing and so should getCTM() for
> the rect for sure.

Although animate.html says:

  The various (x,y) points of the shape provide a supplemental
  transformation matrix onto the CTM for the referenced object which
  causes a translation along the x- and y-axes of the current user
  coordinate system by the (x,y) values of the shape computed over time.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/