Re: does <set> add an attribute to node.attributes

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 01:01:27 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi everyone,

> If the attribute is created in the DOM from the SMIL animation that has
> run, the serialized output of (2) will represent what you see on the screen. So
> you can reload the serialized tree and it will lok the same. You can even edit
> the animation node out in a text editor and see the visual result that you were
> trying to save.
>
> If the attribute is not created in the DOM, the serialized output of the
> tree will _not_ represent what you see on the screen. Less than optimal
> IMO.

Yup, for example I'm using such code to serialize the document through
the DOM tree and I'd feel like it's a bug if attributes didn't match
the current SMIL values...?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I feel like this (apparently
underspecified behavior) should be discussed and, if possible, still
folded into SVG 1.1 SE. :-)

Cheers,
 Helder