Re: <animateColor>

Hi Chris,

On 10/15/2010 06:13 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
> AG> Not sure if there is a way to set the color interpolation on
> AG> <animate>. Unless there is something I've missed. Alex, Chris?
>
> color-interpolation is used to cover all instances of color
> interpolation (in gradients, in compositing, and so on)  -
> except for filters, which have a separate property.

I think that's beside the point from what Anthony was asking, though.

I think he's asking: is the color-interpolation value on <animate> ever
supposed to be used?

If I understand the spec correctly, the answer is: "no -- instead, use the
value on the animation target."  (as opposed to with <animateColor>, where
the animation node's value is the one that we use)

Note that http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/propidx.html explicitly singles out
<animateColor> (and not <animate>) for applicability here:
  Name: ‘color-interpolation’
  [...]
  Applies to: container elements, graphics elements and ‘animateColor’

IIUC, the "Applies to" list there is meant to be exhaustive.  Since
<animate>'s not listed there, it would seem that the value of its
"color-interpolation" property should be ignored.  Is that right?

Thanks,
~Daniel