Re: inconsistency about preserveAspectRatio for <image> element

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:44:12 -0700
To: ddailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
CC: www-svg@w3.org
On 10/11/2010 06:00 PM, ddailey wrote:
> if the question of when to honor that
> attribute is raised

FWIW, I'm actually not at all questioning whether to honor that attribute.
 The spec is clear that it *should* be honored on <image> tags.

> My sense is that if an author goes to the trouble of specifying both
> height and width of an image, then they probably mean it regardless of
> the default value of preserveAspectRatio.

The <image> height/width attributes both default to 0, so authors *have*
to specify them both.  The fact that an author "goes to the trouble of
specifying both"  only signifies that he/she wants a nonzero-size image.
:)  It doesn't necessarily signify any desire to distort the image.

~Daniel