Re: [whatwg] classList should perhaps move from HTMLElement to Element

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:20:48 +0100
To: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:34:29 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Given that SVG also has classes, it would make some sense to move
> classList from HTMLElement to Element.  That way SVG, and any other
> languages that define classes (XUL comes to mind, actually) can benefit
> from it as well.
>
> Note that Gecko's current classList implementation lives on Element.

My plan is to define Element.id, Element.className, Element.classList, and
getElementsByClassName in DOM Core. And tie getElementById to Element.id
somehow, tie Element.id to an attribute named "id", and Element.className
to an attribute named "class".

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/