Reading SVG with java

From: Verónica Ramírez H <veronicaramirezh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 00:53:16 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

I'm doing a project where I must read an SVG file and get some data from it
using java. I was having success in my reading until yesterday.
A couple of weeks ago, the project was working fine, so I decided to do some
other works. Yesterday, I wanted to work on that project and when I ran the
project, it appears an Exception:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDriver.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDriver.next(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver..next(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
    at dom.MiLectura.leer(MiLectura.java:717)
    at dom.MiLectura.main(MiLectura.java:779)

In this case I used javax.xml. I got the message (error) at the following
point: Document doc = docBuilder.parse(new File(xml_path));

I was using sax before, but I got the same error at the same line of code:
Document doc=builder.build(xml_path);

I don't know if the problem is with the sever. I need to fix this problem
and I don't know how. I appreciate if you can help me, or to get the reason
why is not working.

Thanks in advance,

Verónica Ramírez H.
Cali - Colombia