about limitingConeAngle anti-alias effect

From: Zoltan Herczeg <zherczeg@inf.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:21:44 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi,

the spec says for limitingConeAngle: "User agents should apply a smoothing
technique such as anti-aliasing at the boundary of the cone."
Unfortunately, it does not specify how.

The SVG expected value here has a nice anti-aliasing effect: (but the
effect is too much for me in case of limitingConeAngle=5)
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/filters-light-04-f.html

FireFox apply some anti-aliasing effect for only the edge pixels.

Which is the right algorithm? Which browser does generate the SVG expected
values? Is there a source code available?

One more question: I couldn't find the limit values of limitingConeAngle,
only the following: "If L.S is positive, no light is present." Which means
limitingConeAngle must be >= -90 and <= 90 degree, isn't it? What should
happen with the values outside of this range?

Zoltan