W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > March 2010

Minutes from SVG WG March 29th 2010

From: Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:38:41 +0000
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4A2DB3AE4504E944AF122BBFBA7FBA1F4E7A9A1B@TK5EX14MBXC112.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html

(text below)

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

29 Mar 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Mar/0059.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          [Microsoft], [IPcaller], Shepazu

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          shepazu, patrickd

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]telcon attendance
         2. [6]SVG 2.0
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 29 March 2010

   <shepazu> scribenick: shepazu

telcon attendance

   shepazu: it's quite late and we still don't have a quorum
   ... is there some way we can get people to join on time and more
   regularly

   ed: we could start using the good/bad standing rules
   ... but I don't want to alienate people

   shepazu: in OASIS, if you don't show up for 2 telcons in a row, you
   lose voting rights, and only regain them if you show up for 2
   telcons in a row again
   ... maybe splitting the telcons into an SVG 1.1 telcon and an SVG
   2.0 telcon would help excite folks

   ed: any progress on SVG 2.0?

   shepazu: yes, uploading first draft right now, will be done for
   Thursday

   <patrickd> scribe name : patrickd

   <scribe> scribenick : patrickd

   <shepazu> scribenick: patrickd

SVG 2.0

   ed: We will start talking about SVG 2.0 on Thursday

   shepazu: One of the first substantive things I will do is the
   xhlik/href in the 2.0 spec

   patrickd: What about focussable/tabIndex?

   shepazu: tabFocus - is actually is much more useful than tabIndex;
   tabFocus can take an IRI for next/previous
   ... vs focussable equals true

   <ed> [8]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/interact.html#navigation

      [8] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/interact.html#navigation

   patrickd: But how does work with XHTML/HTML?

   shepazu: we could propose that HTML adopts those?

   <ed> so, not tabfocus, but focusable + nav-* attributes

   patrickd: But they won't depricate tabIndex

   shepazu: So we do need to define how tabIndex works in SVG

   ed: Everything that tabIndex can do nav-* and focussable
   ... But if you specify tabIndex=-1, that doesn't currently map
   ... Might be possible to define it terms of these attibutes and
   properties that we have already

   shepazu: The question beceomes 'what if you have both tabIndex and
   focussable'; who the conflict
   ... So we should just add tabIndex; then we need to specify how
   tabIndex values correspond to our other focussable attributes and
   how they interact
   ... We should give serious consideration to what happens if the SVG
   focus properties are used in HTML; need to coordinate with HTML WG

   <scribe> ACTION: Ed to contact the participants of the SVG WG and
   communicate that we need to concrete progress on 1.1 2nd edition and
   2.0. This reqiures active participation in the list and telecon
   [recorded in
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2747 - Contact the participants of the SVG
   WG and communicate that we need to concrete progress on 1.1 2nd
   edition and 2.0. This reqiures active participation in the list and
   telecon [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-04-05].

   anthony: Consider changing time of the telecons as well

   shepazu: Let's have a poll on what time works

   <ed> [10]http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/

     [10] http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/

   ed: topc: planning face-to-face meeting

   patrickd: Current dates are March 24-26th and May 31th-June 1st

   <ed>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#Upcoming_F2Fs

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#Upcoming_F2Fs

   patrickd: I have the Brussels EBC (executve briefing center) on
   25th, 26th and 31st
   ... For the 24th (which is a holiday) and for June 1st I am renting
   a boardroom at a local hotel
   ... Also looking into getting another office at Brussles, Microsoft
   ... That should read May 24-26th

   <shepazu> ACTION: shepazu to create WBS poll/f2f logistics meeting
   page for Brussels meeting [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2748 - Create WBS poll/f2f logistics
   meeting page for Brussels meeting [on Doug Schepers - due
   2010-04-05].

   shepazu: Should contact the LGM folks as well

   ed: Let folks know about hotel for boardroom
   ... topic: I18N tests

   <shepazu>
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Mar/0045.html

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Mar/0045.html

   <shepazu> [14]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/

     [14] http://www.w3.org/International/tests/

   <shepazu>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-unicode
   -bidi-0

     [15] http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-unicode-bidi-0

   <shepazu>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-alignme
   nt-0

     [16] http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-alignment-0

   shepazu: Richard would like us to include these in our test suites
   ... We should tell him we will review the tests and that we accept
   the tests in theory
   ... We will get back to him on any proposed change/clarifications
   ... It would be easier to review than recreate; it is a better
   approach for us

   patrickd: My recommendation was for Richard to consolidate them, not
   us

   shepazu: There are two reasons why we don't do conformance tests.
   There are legal implications. Also, we don't do conformance testing
   because we do not do enough tests
   ... We are testing the implementability of the speciifcation

   patrickd: I disagree. We are testing the implementability of
   portoins of the specification

   shepazu: Other groups do not have conformance tests
   ... We are only testing certain features of the specification. There
   are 3 classes: implementation test suite (can the spec be
   implement), conformance (interoperability)
   ... The more tests we have, the better off we are

   patrickd: If we drop in 72 International tests, then this wlll make
   up about 25% of our implementation

   ed: Does make sense to have a lot of text tests, but having them
   only for I18N doesn't seem appropriate

   shepazu: How many are internationallzation and how many are just
   text tests? If they could be generalized as text tests, perhaps we
   could look more closely at picking these up.

   patrickd: How many are currently text tests?

   shepazu: The 29X are additional tests

   ed: We have 48 text tests.

   patrickd: If we had 120 text tests on SVG out of a total 500, we are
   testing about 25% of graphics as text

   <ed> 48 tests in SVG 1.1F2 based on 'ls *text*.svg | wc -l'

   shepazu: We want many more SVG tests as possible. In SVG 2.0, we
   would put all of these tests in SVG.

   patrickd: What is the window that we have to submit those tests

   shepazu: We will continue to work on 1.1 2nd editoin tests and SVG
   2.0 tests in parellel.

   <scribe> ACTION:shepazu Respond to Richard about I18N tests and the
   method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION:shepazu To Respond to Richard about I18N tests and
   the method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   <shepazu> ACTION: shepazu to Respond to Richard about I18N tests and
   the method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2749 - Respond to Richard about I18N tests
   and the method by which we will adopt them [on Doug Schepers - due
   2010-04-05].

   <ed>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/010
   0.html

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0100.html

   ed: topic: PServer-grads 20b
   ... Should this be approved?
   ... No disagreement. So Anthony will mark as accepted.

   patrickd: What's the status with the 31 Microsoft submitted

   shepazu: We will talk about those on Monday
   ... We should add to the wiki page todo

   <scribe> ACTION: patrickd to add additional tests suites to wiki
   page [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - patrickd

   <scribe> ACTION: patrick to add additional tests suites to wiki page
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2750 - Add additional tests suites to wiki
   page [on Patrick Dengler - due 2010-04-05].

   <shepazu> trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ed to contact the participants of the SVG WG and
   communicate that we need to concrete progress on 1.1 2nd edition and
   2.0. This reqiures active participation in the list and telecon
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: patrick to add additional tests suites to wiki page
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: patrickd to add additional tests suites to wiki page
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: shepazu Respond to Richard about I18N tests and the
   method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: shepazu to create WBS poll/f2f logistics meeting page
   for Brussels meeting [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: shepazu To Respond to Richard about I18N tests and the
   method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: shepazu to Respond to Richard about I18N tests and the
   method by which we will adopt them [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html#action05]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/03/29 20:33:23 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [32]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/anthony/patrickd/
Found ScribeNick: shepazu
Found ScribeNick: patrickd
Found ScribeNick: patrickd
Inferring Scribes: shepazu, patrickd
Scribes: shepazu, patrickd
ScribeNicks: shepazu, patrickd
Default Present: [Microsoft], [IPcaller], Shepazu
Present: [Microsoft] [IPcaller] Shepazu
Agenda: [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Mar/0059.ht
ml

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Mar/0059.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 29 Mar 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [34]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ed patrick patrickd respond shepazu

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2010/03/29-svg-minutes.html

   End of [35]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 29 March 2010 20:39:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT