Re: Questions about events

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:27:50 +0100
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, "Patrick Dengler" <patd@microsoft.com>
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:06:48 +0100, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
> We are finding more implementation differences across browsers on
> events, which leads us to believe that we need to tighten the language
> here.  We could use some clarification on the following:
> [...]

The processing model in HTML5 defined for HTML and XML is that several
actions "delay the load event". Once those are completed and parsing has
finished a load event is dispatched on Window with its target set to
Document. Because <body onload> registers an event handler on the Window
object for the load event its handle will be executed.

It seems to me that SVG should hook into this model.

Anne van Kesteren