Re: Questions about events

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:27:50 +0100
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, "Patrick Dengler" <patd@microsoft.com>
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:06:48 +0100, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> We are finding more implementation differences across browsers on
> events, which leads us to believe that we need to tighten the language
> here.  We could use some clarification on the following:
>
> [...]

The processing model in HTML5 defined for HTML and XML is that several
actions "delay the load event". Once those are completed and parsing has
finished a load event is dispatched on Window with its target set to
Document. Because <body onload> registers an event handler on the Window
object for the load event its handle will be executed.

It seems to me that SVG should hook into this model.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/