Re: Additions to SVG 1.1 2nd Edition Conformance Tests

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:17:31 +0100, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Hello SVG Working Group!
> As I mentioned several weeks ago, we have has just submitted 31
> additional cases to the 1.1F2 test suite which are ready for review.

Thanks!

A few comments:
* For consistency with the rest of the testsuite it'd be nice if the tests
were changed to use green (#0f0 / "lime") instead of black for indicating
pass conditions
* The tests that look like they're empty when they pass should be remade
such that something green is visible when passed
* If it doesn't affect the purpose of the test, moving shapes to be
centered in the frame would be good
* Many of these tests are so simple that they should be joined into a
single test IMHO.
* The test templates' text should not be commented out

> We’ve attempted to follow the design, intent and flow of the existing
> tests and to help round out conformance. The file names are listed below.
> struct-svg-01-f.svg

That test is in conflict with

     http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.svg

and with SVG1.1F2

     http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

I think it'd be better to extend svgdom-over-01-f.svg with the cases for
valueAsString too, should be straightforward to add that.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group